The follow answers are divided into several sections including those referring to our Articles, Forums and Live Chat. Please scroll down to view your relevant subject.
- CONTACT: if you have a question you can send a message to us using the form located here.
- ADVERTISE: if you are interested in advertising with Thai Shares you can read some additional information and send us a message using the form located here.
- PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP: Thais Shares does not yet have premium membership options. We do however, have plans to offer them in the near future.
- OUR SITE RULES: Please read our site rules before posting for the first time. They are located here.
- LOG IN AND OUT BUTTON: A prominent log in button is located in the left side bar on most pages. Once you log in the button then changes to log out. You must be logged in to post a comment after an article, to participate in a forum, and to view and use live chat. Upon login you will be taken to the forum index page. Upon log out you will be taken to the Thai Shares Start Here home page.
- REGISTER: You must be a member of the Thai Shares Community to log in. If you are not already a member, there is a register link located in the left side bar on most pages. Or to register now click here. Registration is free.
- MY PROFILE: Once logged in, the register link in the sidebar changes into a my profile link. You can click on this link to view your profile, edit your details, and add your own personal avatar.
- AVATARS: The instructions on how to upload your avatar are located here.
- EMOTICONS: Emoticons are available for you to use in comments, forums, and live chat.
- BEST BROWSERS: Thai Shares runs best in Chrome or Firefox. Some earlier versions of Internet Explorer create bugs and are best avoided. If you are running an older Windows operating system such as XP, please download Firefox to view this website.
- SEARCHING: Please note that Thai Shares has two separate search engines. The search box located in the left sidebar on an articles page is configured to only search within our Articles Library. The search box located in the left sidebar on a forum page is configured to only search within our Forums.
- POSTING YOUTUBE OR VIMEO VIDEOS: Forum topics are configured to automatically display video from YouTube or Vimeo. Just copy the relevant browser link and paste it directly into your post.
- POSTING LINKS: Forum topics are configured to automatically display links. Just copy the relevant browser link to the website and past it directly into your post.
- POSTING IMAGES: In the interest of maintaining maximum browser speed and server performance, we do not allow members to upload images directly to the Thai Shares website. It is very easy however, to insert an image into your post by following these simple steps: 1. Go to the Img Safe website located here and upload your image. 2. Click on your uploaded image and copy its URL address from your browser. 3. In your topic or reply, click on the insert image icon in the toolbar, right click and paste in the URL from your image into the source box, and then click OK. Your image will then appear in your post. There are many other free image hosting websites other than Img Safe that you can also use if you want. Imgur is a relevant example, however we find that the user interface at Img Safe to be the simplest to use.
- POSTING TEXT FROM A DOCUMENT OR WEBSITE: When you paste text into your post that is taken from a document, or from the front end of another website, any formatting that it contains will be stripped out. That is, it will display as just plain text without any font sizes, bold or italic styling, and so on. If you wish to then reformat you can do so using the buttons in your toolbar. Our website is configured to strip formatting out of pasted text to help protect us from malicious code and scripts. Please make sure you read our site rules regarding posting news articles and other copyrighted materials before cutting and pasting anything from another website.
- AUTO CORRECTION OF PROHIBITED LANGUAGE: Thai Shares maintains a blacklist of prohibited language. Language on that list will be auto corrected or deleted if posted. If a member continues to post prohibited language, our Moderators may impose a ban and revoke his or her posting privileges for a period.
- SIDEBAR LINKS: The Browse All link will take you back to the Articles Library home page. The Popular link displays a list of articles that are trending. The Categories link displays a list of articles by category. The Featured link displays a list of articles that are recommended reading.
- SIDEBAR LINKS: The Browse All link will take you back to the Forums Index page. The Popular link displays a list of topics that have the most replies. The Recent link displays a list of new topics and topics with new replies.
- TOPIC ICONS: These appear in front of some topics to help you identify a specific characteristic:
- = Admin Announcement
- = Locked Topic
- = Pinned Topic
- = Hot Topic
- = New Topic
- I CAN’T SEE LIVE CHAT: You have to log in to see and participate in the Thai Shares Chat Room.
- TURN OFF NEW MESSAGE NOTIFICATION SOUND: Click on the mute sounds link under the chat window. Check the box to mute the sound.
- AUTO CLEAR: Chat is currently set to auto clear every 2 hours.
New FAQs are occasionally added to this list. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with any recent amendments.
Copyright © Thaishares.com. All rights reserved.