Reply To: Surfing in Thailand

Surfsalot
Surfsalot

Hey Az

It was the big full moon last night and Loy Kratong festival.  The festival was very quiet but the moon was great.  Walked on the beach at midnight with my girl and it was like walking in the daylight.  The ocean was absolutely flat and glassy like a mirror. Not even the tiniest of waves.

MSW predicts some meter plus swell arriving again tomorrow and then hanging around for a week or so. I hope it is correct.  November swells always work well on the reef.   There is no wind at the moment so I am hoping it is going to be great.

Had an amazing couple of weeks. Got absolutely no work done…just surfing 6 or 7 hours every day.

I might still do a trip to Indo if I start to get stir crazy with no waves.  See how I go.  I am trying not to be lazy and focus on some projects….but in the end surfing will probably win over work 😉

I have been riding an epoxy short board during the last couple of weeks.  I have been practicing my cut backs and re-entries and am getting pretty good.  Still not a fan of epoxy (no soul) and although easy to paddle and very fast, they make you lazy as you lose muscle tone.  When you are my age and surf on epoxy it is very had to go back to fiberglass.

You should focus on buying a surfboard this year.  You can then just fly up here when the swell is on.   I can pick you up at the airport.

Say hi to all the guys for me.  I hope you and your families are well.