Looking For a Good Broker in Chang Mai

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Bulldozer Dawn Bulldozer Dawn 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

elgordo38

Brokers

The name of a good broker close to Kad Suan Kaew

Hoonzilla
    Hoonzilla

Before I make my suggestion, can you please let me know a little about what you think is “good”.

For me the most important issue is that my Thai broker has a reasonable command of English.

The brokers that I know are the best with English are not however located in Chang Mai.

Your broker location is not an issue if you only want to communicate via phone and trade online.

However, if you want to actually visit their office to make trades or get information then you will, of course, need someone in CM.

So if you could just let me know a little more of what you are after (what you think is good) then I will provide you with my best recommendations.

elgordo38

I used to deal with Country Group but they moved out of my condo. I would like the broker to speak English but I have a Thai g/f that can translate. I am rather a person to person kind of a guy. I do trade in North America on line but the situation is a bit foreign here including navigating this website. I am looking for good companies that pay in the 5 to 6% range for my foundation and maybe a little risk money as well. We did make money on a stock called TVI some years ago a car insurance company I believe. I am of the opinion that Asian markets and the SET in particular will be good performers going forward

Thanks.

Hoonzilla
    Hoonzilla

Hey thanks for providing some further information.  I will get back to you shortly with a CM broker suggestion.  In the interim, you can start your research on good dividend paying Thai companies by doing the following:

Step one: Visit our Tickers page located here.

Step two: Scroll down and review the stock codes for all of the Thai shares that comprise the SETHD (High Dividend) index.

Step three: Click on the Links tab at the top right of this page.  In the drop down menu you will see: SET.  Move over that with your cursor and you will see: Market Data.  Click on that link and you will be taken to the SET website.  In the top right of the SET page you will see a small search box with GET QUOTE written inside.  Enter any of the stock codes (that you get from my HD ticker) and you will be able to research that particular share in more detail.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hoonzilla
    Hoonzilla

Elgordo

I have sent a PM to you with my recommendation.

Hoonzilla
    Hoonzilla

Elgordo

I have just re-sent you a PM.

elgordo38

Many thanks

Stop Loss
    Stop Loss

Elgordo

I told another new member, Shina, in another thread that if you are just starting out, make sure that you paper trade first before you use your real money 😎

Are you related to this Gordon by any chance:

Hoonzilla
    Hoonzilla

Gordon

How did you get on with your broker?

Bulldozer Dawn
    Bulldozer Dawn

Gordon

Did you get your account set up?

elgordo38

No still procrastinating. Its a big step with pros and cons. It also involves bringing more money here and the baht seems to strong at the moment. I am still using my western broker. The problem is as you age you seem to want to stick with the devil you know. I have had a lot of success in the west as I know the system. I am typically a gold bug. Gold is on the move.

Bulldozer Dawn
    Bulldozer Dawn

Did you know that there are a couple of Gold ETFs listed on the SET:

Thai ETFs

The GLD fund by Krungthai has the best intraday liquidity.

You can open an FCD here to mitigate currency risk.  What is your home currency, USD or GBP?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.